Since moving out of home over a year ago I’ve had to learn how to use the kitchen and I’ve really enjoyed it so far. I’ve been making a wide range of different dishes and easy meals for myself.
My favourite dish is Sweet Patatas Bravas, it’s easy to make and always impresses anyone who comes around to the house.
I would consider myself a decent cook and with dishes like this, everyone else seems to think so too. Easy and tasty is key and that’s why I love it!
Sumptuous Sweet Patatas Bravas
Bag of Strong Roots Garlic Roasted Sweet Potato Cubes
300ml olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 red chilli, finely chopped
400g tin chopped tomatoes
½ tsp sugar
½ tsp salt
1 tsp smoked paprika
2 tbsp garlic mayo or allioli
- Pre Heat Oven
- Cook your Strong Roots Garlic Roasted Sweet Potato Cubes to perfection according to package instructions
- While your potatoes are cooking, make the sauces. Put 2 tbsp oil into a heavy-bottomed pan on a medium heat, and cook the onion for about seven minutes until golden and soft
- Put in the chilli, and cook for another couple of minutes, then add the tomatoes, sugar, salt and smoked paprika and stir well. Bring to the boil, and then turn down the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes until thick and dark
- Take off the heat and adjust the seasoning if necessary
- Spread the tomato sauce on to the plates, put the Strong Roots Garlic Roasted Sweet Potatoes Cubes on top, then add a dollop of garlic mayo or allioli and serve immediately