There are now 2,415 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.

The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been informed that 14 patients diagnosed with COVID-19 in Ireland have died.

All 14 deaths located in the east of the country. The median age of today’s reported deaths is 81.

There have now been 36 COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland.

The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has been informed of 294 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland, as at 1 pm, Saturday 28 March.

There are now 2,415 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.

The HSE is now working to identify any contacts the patients may have had to provide them with information and advice to prevent further spread.

The Data so far

Today’s data from HPSC, as of midnight, Thursday 26th March (1,904 cases), reveals:

53% are male and 46% are female, with 91 clusters involving 351 cases
the median age of confirmed cases is 46 years

489 cases (26%) have been hospitalised of those hospitalised, 67 cases have been admitted to ICU

445 cases are associated with healthcare workers

Dublin has the highest number of cases at 1070, (56% of all cases) followed by Cork with 184 cases (10%)

Elsewhere Today: NCT Tests to stop

The NCT has been suspended until further notice.

The Transport Minister Shane Ross and the Road Safety Authority have made the announcement with immediate effect.

The decision’s also been taken to suspend the National Driver Licence Service and the Commercial Vehicle Testing System.

It’s to comply with the new Government public restrictions, to tackle the spread of the Coronavirus.

Minister Ross says he’s asked his officials to immediately engage with the RSA to bring in steps that will address issues arising from the suspension of these services.

Read More: Irish public told to stay at home until April 12th, Taoiseach announces strict new measures