“I’m really not sure why someone would do this.”

A librarian in America was shocked to find a booked that was returned had scorch marks and had been on fire.

Elizabeth Guarino-Kozlowicz from Kent District Library in Grand Rapids, Michigan was stunned to when she discovered someone had microwaved a book to kill any trace of coronavirus.

The librarian posted images online before letting the borrower know that the library sanitise every book.

Each book also contains a small piece of metal which makes this even more dangerous.

 

Reminder that KDL will quarantine returned materials for 72 hours. The pictures below show what will happen, when you…

Posted by Kent District Library – Plainfield Township Branch on Thursday, June 18, 2020

According to IrishPost, Elizabeth told CNN:“I’m really not sure why someone would do this.”