18:09 Thursday, 29 April 2021
Taoiseach Micheál Martin addressed the nation this evening.
Micheál Martin has confirmed what lockdown measures will be eased this evening. Here’s what the next few weeks of easing restrictions will look like:
From May 4th
- Construction can resume fully.
From May 10th:
- Inter-county travel can resume.
- Hairdressers, barbers, beauticians and personal services can reopen.
- Three households can meet outdoors in a garden.
- Three households can meet up indoors, without masks, if they’ve all been fully vaccinated.
- Click and collect shopping to resume.
- Libraries, galleries and museums can reopen.
- 50 people can attend a funeral and religious services.
- 50 people can attend a wedding service. However, only six can attend a wedding reception indoors. 15 people can attend if the reception is being held outdoors.
- Driving tests to resume.
- House viewings can take place again.
From May 17th:
- Non-essential retail can reopen fully.
From June 2nd:
- Hotels, B&Bs and accommodation can reopen.
From June 7th:
- Outdoor dining in pubs and restaurants can resume.
- Sports matches with no fans attending to recommence.
- Gyms can reopen for individual training.
- Swimming pools can reopen.
- Up to 25 guests at a wedding reception.