00:21 Friday, 16 August 2019
A mum is urging parents to learn CPR after her young son choked on peanuts and became seriously ill.
Grace Healy, who’s a nurse, was on a family holiday in Kerry last month when her 2 year old son David got his hands on a bag of peanuts and accidentally inhaled a mouthful of them.
He began choking and couldn’t breathe as the nuts were blocking his airways.
Grace performed CPR on David and he responded but he still had to have emergency surgery to remove the peanuts from his lungs.
The toddler spent 15 days in intensive care and now Grace is urging parents to learn CPR.