68% of cases are people aged under 45.
The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been informed that 4 patients diagnosed with COVID-19 in Ireland have died.
There has now been a total of 1,772 COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland.
Meanwhile there has also been 98 confirmed new cases of COVID-19. There is now a total of 26,470 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
Of the new cases today:
- 57 are men / 38 are women
- 68% are under 45 years of age
- 67 are confirmed to be associated with outbreaks or are close contacts of a confirmed case
- 4 cases have been identified as community transmission
- 35 cases are located in Kildare, 26 in Offaly, 6 in Wexford, 5 in Laois, 5 in Dublin, and 21 are spread across ten other counties (Carlow, Cavan, Donegal, Kilkenny, Limerick, Louth, Meath, Monaghan, Westmeath and Wicklow).
The HSE is working to identify any contacts the patients may have had to provide them with information and advice to prevent further spread.
Meawhile Offaly, Laois and Kildare have all been placed under a partial lock down for two weeks.