Two more people have died from the virus.
Another record number of new coronavirus cases have been recorded in the north in the last 24 hours.
1,299 people have tested positive for Covid 19. There have also been another two Coronavirus-related deaths.
Northern Ireland heightens it’s restrictions from 6pm this evening with schools, pubs and hairdressers all to close.
According to the BBC, the restrictions which will last until November the 2nd, include:
- Household bubbles must be no bigger than 10 people from two households
- Closure of “close contact services”
- Indoor sport of all kinds suspended, apart from at an elite level
- Mass events involving more than 15 people are to be banned
- Off licenses and supermarkets will not be permitted to sell alcohol after 8pm
- Gyms to remain open for individual training
- Places of worship to remain open, as long as face coverings are worn
- Wedding ceremonies and civil partnerships to be limited to 25 people with no receptions from 19 October
- Funerals and committals to be limited to 25 people with no pre or post-funeral gatherings