Know anyone who’s qualified for this one?
A company is looking to pay someone to sleep 9 hours a day for 100 days straight.
Wakefit, a sleep solutions startup in India, is looking for interns that they’ll play to simply doze off.
They’re offering ₹1 lakh (about €1,260) for the soundest sleepers and those who can switch off from work and have a long list of desirable “qualifications”.
For example, you need to be able to fall asleep within 10 to 20 minutes of hitting the pillow. If you’ve ever dozed off mid-lecture then you’re at a distinct advantage as the company says “a history of falling asleep during class will be counted as relevant experience”. Get in!
You must also tried out a few sleep products before, be able to analyse your sleep patterns and prioritise your forty winks over social media. Anyone who’s glued to the TV or their phone at night will be at a “distinct disadvantage”.
Here’s the list in full:
- A completed degree in any field. A history of falling asleep during class will be counted as relevant experience.
- We are seeking sleepy self-starters who are motivated enough to stay in bed for at least 8 hours of solid sleep.
- Should be able to fall asleep within 10-20 minutes of hitting the pillow.
- Strong knowledge and a distinctive point of view on sleep products and how they contribute to better sleep.
- Should demonstrate qualities of a team player, when the team is likely to miss their bedtime or likely to indulge in activities that discourage sleep.
- Past Experience in sleeping in any kind of environment – irrespective of noise and brightness levels.
- A focused and disciplined approach to record and analyse personal sleeping patterns.
- Demonstrated track record of prioritising sleep over social media.
- Attention to detail and a passion for clean bedsheets, cosy blankets and funky pajamas.
- Ability to adhere to strict guidelines of consumption of caffeinated beverages. We prefer candidates who have a taste for Chamomile.
- Binge watchers and people with nocturnal tendencies will be at a disadvantage.
- A low engagement and low activity on personal social media handles is a bonus.
- An innate ability to be laid back and stress free before bedtime.
- Snoring will be considered a disadvantage to securing this position.
- Lack of interest in content created by major streaming websites.
- Alarm snoozers, abilities to sleep through multiple alarms, etc. are preferred.
- A low screen time will be your biggest asset. The ideal candidate is one who has the ability to blissfully ignore phone notifications at night.
- An active interest in meditative sleep techniques.
- An in depth knowledge on the lyrics and tunes of lullabies. Good singing ability is a plus. Knowledge of vernacular lullabies is preferred, but not mandatory.
Anyone who think they’d make the cut can apply for the position over on Wakefit’s website.