Did your local make the cut?
The Sunday carvery is one of life’s great pleasures…
Sitting down with friends or family on a Sunday evening and de-stressing before the beginning of the new week over some gravy-goodness is as Irish as it gets.
And while you may be strongly of the opinion that nowhere does it quite like your local, not every place can be the best.
That’s why KNORR have traversed the carvery’s on Ireland to bring you the shortlist of the ones they deem the best in the land.
And there’s two category’s: Great Carvery Hotel of the Year, and Great Carvery Pub of the Year.
Province by province, here are the finalists
- Great Carvery Hotel of the Year Leinster – Whitford House Hotel, Wexford
- Great Carvery Hotel of the Year Munster – Castle Hotel, Macroom, Cork
- Great Carvery Hotel of the Year Connacht – Hodson Bay Hotel, Athlone, Roscommon
- Great Carvery Hotel of the Year Ulster – Killyevlin Lakeside Hotel, Enniskillen, Fermanagh
- Great Carvery Pub of the Year Leinster – Silken Thomas, Kildare
- Great Carvery Pub of the Year Munster – Kirby’s Brogue Inn, Tralee, Kerry
- Great Carvery Pub of the Year Connacht – The Trappers Inn, Castlegar, Galway
- Great Carvery Pub of the Year Ulster – The Market Yard, Limavady, Derry
The criteria for being nominated? According to KNORR, it’s attention to detail, quality of ingredients and service.
All the above finalists will now be entered in a final, where eventually the two best carvery’s in Ireland will be announced!