Thousands of people face uncertainty over their weekend travel plans.

The High Court has finished hearing an application from Ryanair for an order aimed at blocking this week’s pilot strikes.

Judge Denis McDonald told the court that he’s “acutely conscious” Ryanair passengers will be worried about their travel plans this weekend.

However it’ll be tomorrow before we know if the strikes by 180 pilots on Thursday and Friday are definitely going ahead.

Ryanair has been trying to get an injunction stopping members of the Irish Airline Pilots Association, which is part of FORSA, staging the industrial action.

They claim FORSA walked out of mediation talks last week – something the union says they were “entirely justified” in doing.

Ryanair also say the pilots haven’t made clear what sort of increases they want, but the union insists they don’t have to put a number on it to make it a genuine pay claim.

While the airline says FORSA isn’t complying with the terms of an agreement reached between both sides last year, but the union maintains this is a completely separate dispute.

It’s also described suggestions its ballot for strike action was unlawful as “outrageous, false and misleading”.

The judge has finished hearing arguments from both sides and will make his decision in the morning.